Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gifts within The Gift

one morning, i went to school earlier than usual.. i was weak in spirit that moment. i sat in front of my desk, put my hand into my backpack to reach an expired devotion booklet that dated Dec 2007, Jan 2008, Feb 2008. i turned to the last page with the title 'Topic Index'. my eyes scanned through the list of topic and stopped at something i might need that moment: Salvation. i turned to Dec 6 and the title is Gifts within The Gift

the content written was about Jesus as The gift where in him, there are more gifts, special gifts indeed.

Forgiveness of sin.

7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace. (Ephesians 1:7)

Teaching from the Holy Spirit.

26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John14:26)


Eternal Life and a home in heaven.
12He who has the Son has life..(1 John 5:12)
2
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

A love like no other.
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.. ( John 15:9)
13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)


Ah... it is still lovely for me. a promise that never fail, kept by the faithful Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you, my lord. Thank you. =D
you gave me love even when i m not born yet. a love so powerful that i ll just lay quietly in peace.

this i wrote down after a little silence:

You are Great
for all the gifts you gave through Jesus Christ

The forgiveness of sin
rescued me from this world
give me freedom in the will of God

The helper, the Holy Spirit
guide me in this world
give me strength to walk the way

The eternal home in heaven
promised me to reach there
give me hope to look forward

The love like no other on earth
loved me as the father loved Him
give me blessing more than i imagine

-Lydia-





Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15)

3 comments:

Princess Egypt said...

God is so GREATTTT!!^^

bride said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bride said...

He always IS!! =)